Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Introduction To Destruction

About three hours ago, I sat down and read a news story on CBS.com (link below) about Sarah Palin and the bus tour she has undertaken across the country. Well, the early voting primary states and a few swing states. Anyway, the article was about how the press that is following Mrs. Palin was complaining about being treated like paparazzi. They were forced to follow her around and try to figure out where she would be next, feeling generally relegated to the back of the proverbial bus. I can agree to some extent. They were contacted by Mrs. Palin, informed that there would be a bus tour, and they were directed to her website. The website has a map, I'm told, of where the tour will go and when one clicks on the map they are asked to donate to Mrs. Palin's PAC.

I finished reading the article, and then it happened. I read too far. WAAAAAAAY too far. I had hit the ground at the "comments" area of the article. THAT is where this website begins. After about the third incarnation of a comment advocating the "purging" of our government of liberals, I decided after a thought-provoking cocktail, that it was my duty to call people out on the reprehensible, ignorant, and in some cases nonsensical blabbering that they post. Needless to say, this was not taken well by the mainly conservative commenters that had posted. Within hours I was accused of being liberal, being a journalist, hating babies with Downs Syndrome, and getting my news from SNL- ironic, since I was commenting on a story posted by CBS.

But, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm going to call out the caller outers- I'm going to show the world what vile and disgusting comments are posted on these news forums. Not to be outdone, I will spend the next month picking one story every day and debating the people. That's right, you, America. I'm watching you now, and playtime is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment